Friday 25th September
Newcastle v Perth (8:00pm)
Saturday 26th September
Gold Coast v Melbourne (6:30pm)
Sunday 27th September
Wellington v Central Coast (1:00pm)
Brisbane v Sydney (3:00pm)
Nth Queensland v Adelaide (5:00pm)

Friday 2nd October
Gold Coast v Wellington (8:00pm)
Saturday 3rd October
Perth Glory v North Queensland (5:30pm)
Melbourne v Brisbane (7:30pm)
Monday 5th October
Sydney v Central Coast (3:00pm)
Adelaide v Newcastle (5:00pm)

All times shown are Sydney time.
Gold Coast United
Sydney FC
Perth Glory
Central Coast Mariners
Brisbane Roar
Melbourne Victory
Newcastle Jets
Adelaide United
Wellington Phoenix
North Queensland Fury
Melbourne Victory continued their psychological dominance over
Adelaide, extending their winning streak over the Reds to 7 in a
row, running out with a comprehensive 2-0 win at Hindmarsh
Stadium on Friday night.
It took just 6 minutes for the Victory to get on the board, Nick
Ward shot from a tight angle; his shot curling past the desperate
save of Reds’ keeper Eugene Galekovic into the corner of the net.
And it could have been 2-0 before 10 minutes; but Tom Pondeljak,
finding himself on-side and with only the keeper to beat, sprayed his
shot wide of the woodwork.
The Victory continued to press. It was physical at times, with Kevin
Muscat and Leigh Broxham both picking up yellow cards; but the
second goal would elude them during the first half. The Reds were
rarely in the contest, and had few half-chances in a half that was
played almost entirely in their half of the ground. But their desperate
defence held firm to restrict the damage to 1-0 at half time.
Early in the second half, the Reds lifted and threatened to equalise.
A succession of corners gave them a run of possession within their
attacking zone. Lloyd Owusu had a couple of clear-cut chances but
was unable to pass Glenn Moss. On the hour, Iain Fyfe found himself
unmarked in the box, but hesitated and the striking chance was
It took until the 89th minute for the Victory to put the result
beyond dispute. But the sealer came when substitute Grant Brebner
from close range made no mistake in slamming home the winner.
The Victory had the game under control at that point, even though
a marathon 8 minutes of injury time which was extended with the
Victory making two substitutions during stoppage time. But the
inevitable result came; another chapter in the tale of Melbourne
Victory’s constant dominance over Adelaide United.
Adelaide United 0
Melbourne Victory 2
(N Ward 6, G Brebner 89)
Reds – E Galekovic, R Cornthwaite, I Fyfe, Cassio, L Pantelis (M
Leckie 76), K Sarkies (Cristiano 67), A Hughes, L Owusu, T Dodd, S
Jamieson, M Rudan.
Subs not used – M Birighitti, Alemao.
Victory – G Moss, K Muscat, S Sukha, L Broxham, M Kemp, A
Thompson, R Vargas, T Pondeljak (R Kruse 90+4), C Hernandez (N
Fabiano 90), N Ward (G Brebner 71), A Leijer.
Sub not used – M
Yellow Cards : Reds – T Dodd 80. Victory – K Muscat 23, L
Broxham 42, G Moss 86.
Red Cards – Nil.
Referee – S Delovski. Crowd – 15,038 at Hindmarsh Stadium.
Gold Coast crashed to their second loss of the season, the competition newcomers again tasting
defeat on the road when they were comprehensively defeated 3-0 by Central Coast Mariners at
Bluetongue Stadium on Saturday night.
Racing out of the blocks and putting the ladder leaders under pressure with a succession of corners,
the Mariners achieved reward for effort in the 26th minute when Matt Simon found Nick Travis in
the area, Travis weaving his way around the Gold Coast net before a powerful drive found the net.
Gold Coast had a chance to equalise shortly before the break after Anderson launched a powerful
strike from the edge of the area, but Mariners’ keeper Danny Vukovic pulled off an acrobatic save to
deny the goal; and the sides returned to the rooms at half time with the home side 1-0 ahead.
It didn’t take long in the second half for the Mariners to double their lead. It came from a long-
range drive from outside the area, bending back magnificently to give Gold Coast keeper Jess
Vanstratten no chance as it hit the top corner of the net. And worse was to come for Gold Coast,
with in-form striker Shane Smeltz send off in the 68th minute after being booked for the second
Just two minutes after the visitors were reduced to 10 men, the Mariners had their third and the
game was safe. It came when McGlinchey made a break before setting up John Hutchinson. By now
the Mariners were on fire, and further chances were created in the last 20 minutes. But the 3-0
scoreline was a fair reflection of the Central Coast dominance.
Central Coast Mariners 3 (N Travis 26, M Simon 54, J Hutchinson 70)
Gold Coast United 0
Mariners –
D Vukovic, P Bojic, J Hutchinson, D Heffernan, D Macallister, M McGlinchey, N Boogaard
(A Clark 89), C Doig, A Wilkinson, M Simon (N Mrdja 74), N Travis (B Porter 58).
Sub not used – M
United – J Vanstratten, S Pantelidis (M Ferreira Dos Santos 57), M Thwaite, S Smeltz (sent off 68),
J Culina, B Van den Brink, K Rees, M Osman, A Traore, A Alves de Silva (S Lustica 88), G Mebrahtu
(S Fitzsimmons 57).
Sub not used – R Bajic.
Yellow Cards : Mariners – N Travis 16, D Heffernan 62. United – S Smeltz 8,68, M Thwaite 83.
Red Cards : United – S Smeltz 68.
Referee – M Breeze. Crowd – 7,943 at Bluetongue Stadium.

Wellington Phoenix looked set to cruise to a comfortable win when they took on North Queensland
Fury, but were stunned by a goal to Chris Grossman in the dying seconds and a 1-1 draw resulted.
It took just 6 minutes for the Phoenix to get on the board. Paul Ifill moved forward, delivering the
ball into the box where Leo Bertos was waiting. Bertos weaved his way around two defenders
before slamming the ball past Fury keeper Paul Henderson’s dive into the corner of the net. 1-0 to
the Phoenix, and it could quickly have become even more one-sided, with two golden opportunities
denied thanks to some spectacular saves by Henderson.
It was 1-0 at the break, and shortly after the re-start Phoenix keeper Mark Paston was called into
action, but did a strong save to deny Fury marquee Robbie Fowler. But Fury chances were few and
far between, the Phoenix looking like they were doing enough to hold the visitors at bay as the
clock continued to tick down.
After 90 minutes the scoreline remained 1-0. The pro-Phoenix crowd were singing themselves into
a frenzy, even with 5 minutes to be added it looked like a countdown to a win. But with just
seconds to go the crowd were stunned into silence. The last forward move by the Fury saw Robbie
Fowler with a free kick from outside the box. His kick was powerful, over the wall, but Paston was
unable to make a clean save; the ball spilling free for Chris Grossman to find the net and give the
Fury a point that rarely looked likely. Despite leading all day, the Phoenix had been denied the three
points that looked inevitably theirs.
Wellington Phoenix 1 (L Bertos 6)
North Queensland Fury 1 (C Grossman 90+4)
Phoenix – M Paston, M Muscat (M Ferrante 75), T Lochhead, T Brown, L Bertos, P Ifill (T Hearfield
56), C Greenacre, Daniel (A Caceres 86), V Lia, B Sigmund, A Durante.
Sub not used – R Crowther.
Fury – P Henderson, R Middleby, C Tadrosse (D Williams 66), S Steffanutto, R Fowler, P Kohler (P
Grossman 51), J Robinson, D McBreen, D McBreen, J Tambouras, K Dodd (S Wilson 42), R Griffiths.
Sub not used – M Ham.
Yellow Cards : Phoenix – A Durante 27, L Bertos 89. Fury – D McBreen 32, S Steffanutto 90+1.
Red Cards – Nil.
Referee – P Green. Crowd – 9,713 at Westpac Stadium.

Sydney FC snapped out of their 2-game losing streak and maintained their hold on second spot on
the ladder when the Sky Blues completed a 2-1 win over Newcastle at the Sydney Football Stadium.
The Jets had a golden opportunity to score in the 22nd minute, when Stuart Musialik clashed with
Fabio Vignaroli inside the Sydney FC area, and referee Ben Williams had no hesitation in pointing to
the spot. Matthew Thompson stepped up to take the kick, but it was comfortably saved by Clint
Three minutes later, Mark Bridge put Sydney FC on the board, beating an off-side trap before drilling
the ball into the Newcastle net.
On 36 minutes, Matt Thompson made up for his earlier miss. A drive from Kaz Patafta was stopped
by Bolton, only for the ball to spill free to Thompson for a simple tap-in which would ensure scores
would be locked at 1-1 at half time.
10 minutes into the second half, and Sydney FC were again in front. Ben Kennedy brought down
Alex Brosque and was lucky not to be sent off, but although the referee allowed the Jets’ keeper
to stay with just a yellow card he also awarded Sydney FC a penalty. Steve Corica’s shot never
looked like missing, and Sydney moved to 2-1 ahead.
The Jets continued to attack, and Song was unlucky not to equalise when his shot hit the cross-
bar. But Sydney FC hung on and defended tightly; and when Tarik Elrich found himself sent off in
the dying minutes, the Jets’ fate was sealed.
Sydney FC 2 (M Bridge 25, S Corica 55pen)
Newcastle Jets 1 (M Thompson 36)
Sydney – C Bolton, S Ryall, S Colosimo, B Gan, S Musialik, S Corica, S Cole, A Brosque, A Casey (C
Payne 82), M Bridge (A Golek 90), S-H Byun.
Subs not used – I Necevski, Z Cairncross.
Jets – B Kennedy, A D’Apuzzo (A Costanzo 77), N Topor-Stanley, L Milicevic, J-H Song, M
Thompson, S Petrovski (A Naidovski 69), T Elrich (sent off 89), F Vignaroli, K Patafta (A Abbas 68),
L Haliti.
Sub not used – N Young.
Yellow Cards : Sydney – S-H Byun 90. Newcastle – S Petrovski 37, B Kennedy 54, A Costanzo
Red Cards : Newcastle – T Elrich 89.
Referee – B Williams. Crowd – 10,357 at Sydney Football Stadium.

Perth Glory underlined their improvement and their potential to be a threat in 2009-10 when they
were 4-2 too good in Brisbane on Sunday.
The Glory had a stroke of luck in the opening minute of the game. An early move forward by the
Glory bounced off the head of Josh McCloughan into his own goal, and before the late arrivers had
even made their way to their seats the Glory were already 1-0 ahead. And shortly before half time,
Roar keeper Liam Reddy chased the ball a long way from his goal only to turn it over, setting up
Wayne Srhoj for the easiest of goals.
Five minutes after the break, the Roar were back into the contest after a solo effort from Henrique
saw him curl the ball into the net. On the hour a strike by Branko Jelic doubled the Glory’s lead
before a cross from Sergio Van Dijk bounced off Chris Coyne into the Glory net to set up a
grandstand finish, Glory leading 3-2 with 25 minutes to go.
But with 15 minutes to go, the game was safe for the Glory, after an innocuous looking shot from
Adrian Pellegrino should have been stopped by Liam Reddy, but Reddy somehow lost control of the
ball and what should have been a regulation save ended up being fumbled and spilling into the net.
Glory 4-2; and the WA side, who have never made the finals since the A-League was launched, find
themselves in third place and with high hopes of finally taking part in playoff action.
Perth Glory 4 (J McCloughan 1og, W Srhoj 41, B Jelic 61, A Pellegrino 75).
Brisbane Roar 2 (Henrique 50, C Coyne 64og).
Glory – A Vrteski, J Coyne, A Todd, J Harwell (V Sikora 58), C Coyne, J Burns, J Srhoj, B Jelic (T
Howarth 70), A Pellegrino (S Neville 85), N Sekulovski, M Sterovski.
Sub not used – A Pearson.
Roar – L Reddy, C Moore, J McCloughan, D Dodd, S Van Dijk, C Miller, Reinaldo (I Cernak 79).
Henrique, B Malcolm (A Sorota 65), I Franjic, C O’Donnell (T Smits 87).
Sub not used – G McMaster.
Yellow Cards : Glory – Henrique 50, C Coyne 22. Roar – J Burns 15, W Shroj 66, A Todd 90+2.
Red Cards : Glory – Nil. Roar – Nil.
Referee – C Beath. Crowd – 7,637 at Suncorp Stadium.

A-League Round 1 2007-08
A-League Round 2 2007-08
A-League Round 3 2007-08
A-League Round 4 2007-08
A-League Round 5 2007-08
A-League Round 6 2007-08
A-League Round 7 2007-08
A-League Round 8 2007-08
A-League Round 9 2007-08
A-League Round 10 2007-08
A-League Round 11 2007-08
A-League Round 12 2007-08
A-League Round 13 2007-08
A-League Round 14 2007-08
A-League Round 15 2007-08
A-League Round 16 2007-08
A-League Round 17 2007-08
A-League Round 15 07-08 (part 2)
A-League Round 18 2007-08
A-League Round 19 2007-08
A-League Round 20 2007-08
A-League Round 21 2007-08
A-League 2007-08 Semis - Leg 1
A-League 2007-08 Semis - Leg 2
A-League 2007-08 Preliminary Final
A-League 2007-08 Grand Final
A-League Round 1 2008-09
A-League Round 2 2008-09
A-League Round 3 2008-09
A-League Round 4 2008-09
A-League Round 5 2008-09
A-League Round 6 2008-09
A-League Round 7 2008-09
A-League Round 8 2008-09
A-League Round 9 2008-09
A-League Round 10 2008-09
A-League Round 11 2008-09
Match Report - Syd FC v CCM (1/11/08)
A-League Round 12 2008-09
Match Report - Syd FC v Well (7/11/08)
A-League Round 13 2008-09
A-League Round 14 2008-09
A-League Round 15 2008-09
A-League Round 16 2008-09
A-League Round 17 2008-09
A-League Round 18 2008-09
A-League Round 15 08-09 (part 2)
A-League Round 19 2008-09
A-League Round 16 08-09 (part 2)
A-League Round 20 2008-09
A-League Round 21 2008-09
A-League 2008-09 Semis - Leg 1
A-League 2008-09 Semis - Leg 2
A-League 2008-09 Preliminary Final
A-League 2008-09 Grand Final
A-League Round 1 2009-10
A-League Round 2 2009-10
A-League Round 3 2009-10
A-League Round 4 2009-10
A-League Round 5 2009-10
A-League Round 6 2009-10
A-League Round 7 2009-10
A-League Round 8 2009-10
A-League Round 9 2009-10
A-League Round 10 2009-10
A-League Round 11 2009-10
A-League Round 12 2009-10
A-League Round 13 2009-10
A-League Rnd 13 Midweek 2009-10
A-League Round 1 2010-11
A Tale of Two Matches
A-League Round 2 2010-11
A-League Round 3 2010-11
A-League Round 4 2010-11
A-League Round 1 2011-12

Sydney FC v Cent Cst M'ners (24/8/07)
Sydney FC v Wellington P'nix (14/9/07)
Sydney FC v Adelaide United (20/10/07)
Sydney FC v Cent Cst M'ners (28/10/07)
Newcastle Jets v Sydney FC (3/11/07)
Sydney FC v Queensland Roar (25/11/07)
Sydney FC v Perth Glory (15/12/07)
Central Cst M'ners v Sydney FC (22/12/07)
Adelaide United v Sydney FC (28/12/07)
Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory (20/1/08)
Grand Final - CCM v Newcastle (24/2/08)
Sydney FC v Queensland Roar (4/10/08)
Sydney FC v Cent Cst Mariners (1/11/08)
Sydney FC v Wellington Phoenix (7/11/08)
Sydney FC v Queensland Roar (28/11/08)
Newcastle Jets v Sydney FC (7/12/08)
Central Cst M'ners v Sydney FC (13/12/08)
Sydney FC v Perth Glory (21/12/08)
Melbourne Victory v Sydney FC (27/12/08)
Sydney FC v Wellington Phoenix (11/1/09)
Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets (25/1/09)
Trial - Sydney FC v CC Mariners (6/7/09)
Sydney FC v North Q'land Fury (12/9/09)
Sydney FC v Cent Cst M'ners (5/10/09)
Sydney FC v Brisbane Roar (25/10/09)
Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets (29/11/09)
Sydney FC v North Q'land Fury (5/12/09)
Sydney FC v Central Cst M'ners (23/12/09)
Sydney FC v Gold Coast United (17/1/10)
Sydney FC v Perth Glory (7/02/10)
Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory (14/02/10)
Semi - Sydney FC v Melb Victory (7/03/10)
Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory (7/08/10)
Sydney FC v Adelaide United (4/10/10)
Sydney FC v Brisbane Roar (30/10/10)
Central Coast v Perth Glory (30/10/10)
AFC - Sydney FC v Suwon BW (2/3/11)
Sydney FC v Gold Coast Utd (6/11/11)
Sydney FC v Cent Cst M'ners (19/11/11)
Sydney FC v Melbourne Heart (29/12/11)
Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets (5/02/12)
Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory (10/03/12)
Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets (25/03/12)
Sydney FC v Perth Glory (28/10/12)
Sydney FC v Adelaide United (23/11/12)