Queensland had already won the 2010 Origin series, but the third game of the season saw the Maroons complete a
clean sweep. Despite having had two games in Sydney, the Queenslanders maintained an unbeaten run through
It was a poor start for the Blues, with a knock-on in their second tackle of the game. The mistakes kept coming, and
the Blues had very little possession in the first 20 minutes. And although it took some time in coming, weight of
possession finally took its toll and the Maroons were over for the opening try, moving the ball out wide for Darius
Boyd to score in the corner. Johnathan Thurston converted from the sideline.
Seven minutes later, Cameron Smith spotted a gap in the NSW line and sent Nate Myles over for his first Origin try.  
But finally, late in the half, the Blues began to get a decent possession flow, and Paul Gallen crashed through a line of
Queensland defenders to score shortly before half time.
Michael Gordon’s conversion saw the score 12-6, the margin a converted try. But on the stroke of half time, Darren
Lockyer added a long-range field goal to give the Maroons a 7-point buffer.
The Blues fought back in the second half, Kurt Gidley crossing the line in the 47th minute to cut the margin back to
one point. The Blues continued to attack, and it took a spectacular tackle by Billy Slater to prevent Anthony
Watmough from scoring.
The ball travelled from end to end, and on the 68th minute Greg Bird chased down a grubber from Michael Ennis to
score and put the Blues in front for the first time. With just over 10 minutes to go, and the home crowd by now in
voice, the Blues were hopeful of finally breaking their losing streak and salvaging some respectability from their 2010
Origin season.
But with four minutes to go, Michael Ennis landed a high shot on Nate Myles and a mellee broke out. The Maroons
were awarded a penalty, and taking a quick tap moved the ball forward; and later in the set, Billy Slater crossed the
line to score. Thurston’s conversion gave the Maroons back the lead.
Into the final minute and the Blues had to throw the ball around, looking for a way through to score. But their pass
was intercepted by Israel Folau, who made a break. On the next tackle, Willie Tonga crossed over in the corner for a
try that put the result beyond doubt. The siren had sounded and the Maroons had won; and the Maroons gave the
ball to Israel Folau, playing in his last Origin game before his defection to the AFL next year. Folau’s kick on a tight
angle went wide, and the Maroons completed a 5-point victory.
Click here to see Harboursport’s photo gallery from this match.
Queensland 23 def New South Wales 18
Queensland : Tries –
D Boyd, N Myles, B Slater, W Tonga. Goals – J Thurston 3/3, I Folau 0/1. Field Goals – D
Lockyer 1/1.
New South Wales : Tries – P Gallen, K Gidley, G Bird. Goals – M Gordon 3/3.
Referees – T Archer, S Hayne. Crowd – 61,259 at ANZ Stadium.

The Sydney Roosters leap-frogged South Sydney on the ladder on Friday night when the Roosters came from behind
to defeat the Rabbitohs 18-14 at the Sydney Football Stadium.
The Rabbitohs were the stronger side early, and took just three minutes to get on the scoreboard. After Nathan
Merritt was brought down just short of the goal line, he played the ball to Beau Falloon and Falloon spotted a gap in
the Roosters’ defensive line and burrowed under to score under the posts. Chris Sandow added the extras, and a
penalty goal followed soon after to put the Rabbitohs 8-0 ahead.
The Roosters lifted, and went close to scoring only for Mitch Aubusson’s attempt to be denied by the video referee.
But shortly afterwards, Jake Friend sent Todd Carney through a gap and the Roosters were on the board, with
Carney converting his own try to cut the margin to two points. And that’s how the score remained for the remainder
of the half, with both sides creating chances but being unable to manage any more points.
The war of attrition continued for another 20 scoreless minutes after the break, but eventually something had to
give; and it was the Roosters’ defence that cracked. Some feeble defence saw Fetuli Talanoa score in the corner,
with a sensational conversion by Chris Sandow from the sideline adding an extra two points. But shortly afterwards,
Sam Perrett caught the Rabbitoh defence napping to cross the line and score under the posts, and the margin was
back to two points.
With less than three minutes to go, and the Rabbitohs clinging to their two-point advantage, the Roosters took
the ball from half way. A break by Mitchell Pearce found its way to Carney, who had played another sensational
game for the Roosters. Carney found Aubusson who stormed over the line to give the Roosters the lead for the
first time in the game. Although the Rabbitohs had led virtually all night, the Roosters held the advantage at the
only time that mattered, and with the win the Roosters move ahead of Souths on the ladder.
Sydney Roosters 18 def South Sydney Rabbitohs 14
Roosters : Tries –
M Aubusson, T Carney, S Perrett. Goals – T Carney 3/3.
Rabbitohs : Tries – B Falloon, F Talanoa. Goals – C Sandow 3/3.
Referees – J Robinson, A Shortall. Crowd – 18,424 at Sydney Football Stadium.

Wests Tigers struck an important blow in the race for a top four position when they took out a thrilling 15-14 win
over Gold Coast at Campbelltown on Friday night.
The Titans were on the board from the opening set of the game. On the last tackle, Scott Prince went for a
grubber which was chased down by Mat Rogers for the easiest of tries. The conversion put the Titans 6-0 ahead,
with a penalty goal shortly afterwards adding to their advantage.
The Titans were getting the better of field position, but twice Scott Prince knocked on with the line in front of
him. Plenty of attacking opportunities were created, but none were capitalised on. And against the run of play, at
the half hour mark, Robbie Farah caught the Titans’ defence off-guard to create field position before offloading to
Mitch Brown for a try under the posts. Benji Marshall converted, and a penalty goal shortly afterwards levelled the
scores. And on the stroke of half time, the Tigers took the lead for the first time when Benji Marshall put a field
goal over; and the Tigers led 9-8 at half time.
Shortly before the hour mark, a scuffle between the two sides saw fists flying; and the referees sent Gold Coast’s
Mark Minichiello to a 10-minute spell in the sin bin. And while the Tigers had the numerical advantage, they
capitalised as Blake Ayshford found the line and scored. Marshall’s conversion gave the Tigers a lead of more than a
converted try, forcing the Titans to take risks with the need to score twice during the remaining time.
The challenge of scoring two tries was too big an ask for the Titans. They did manage to get one, with Kevin
Gordon collecting a bomb in the in-goal and planting the ball down to ensure a grandstand finish. But the Tigers
held on firmly during the closing stages, taking a valuable two points; a result that puts the Tigers a game clear of
Gold Coast, the odds of a top-four finish growing shorter.
Wests Tigers 15 def Gold Coast Titans 14
Tigers : Tries –
B Ayshford, M Brown. Goals – B Marshall 3/3. Field Goals – B Marshall 1/1.
Titans : Tries – K Gordon, M Rogers. Goals – M Rogers 3/3.
Referees – G Badger, A Klein. Crowd – 14,050 at Campbelltown Stadium.

A wet Saturday evening at Brookvale saw Canberra pull off an upset, when the Raiders snapped their four-game
losing streak with a 24-22 win over the Sea Eagles.
The Raiders were first on the board, after Joel Monaghan pulled off an intercept to gather the ball on his own 10
metre line and ran 90 metres to score an electrifying try under the posts. But in the 13th minute, Tony Williams
crashed over, and scores were level at 6-6.
A one-on-one strip by Adam Mogg gave the Raiders possession, and in the ensuing set Daniel Vidot found the line,
with Jarrod Croker landing the conversion. But the Sea Eagles again struck back quickly, a converted try by Steve
Matai again seeing the scores tied up.
In the 34th minute, Michael Robertson made a break and scored in the corner, putting the Sea Eagles in front for
the first time. But importantly, Shane Rodney was unable to land the conversion from the tight angle. It had been
an absorbing battle, with both sides playing plenty of attack; and it wasn’t finished yet. Joe Picker shrugged off
the attentions of the Sea Eagle defenders to score in the final seconds before half time, and Croker’s conversion
gave the Raiders an 18-16 lead at the break.
Five minutes into the second half, Terry Campese was on the end of a chain of passes and crashed over the line
to score; and as the conversion sailed over, an upset was in prospect. The weather, which had been overcast
with a few light showers during the first half, turned nasty with a heavy downpour which made the conditions
slippery and further dampened the mood of the Sea Eagles.
Time ticked by, and the Raiders continued to hold onto their eight-point lead. The Sea Eagles threw everything at
the Raiders, but could find no way through. It wasn’t till there were only two minutes to go that they finally
crossed the line, with Ben Farrar scoring the try, but by then it was too late. The Sea Eagles had slumped to their
second loss on the trot, their hold on a position in the top eight looking shaky; but it was a welcome relief to the
struggling Raiders to have finally captured a scalp to bring their losing streak to an end.
Canberra Raiders 24 def Manly Sea Eagles 22
Raiders : Tries –
T Campese, J Monaghan, J Picker, D Vidot. Goals – J Croker 4/4.
Sea Eagles : Tries – B Farrar, S Matai, M Robertson, T Williams. Goals – S Rodney 2/3, J Lyon 1/1.
Referees – B Cummins, B Suttor. Crowd – 10,027 at Brookvale Oval.

A rare rugby league game in Adelaide saw the Bulldogs take out their third win on the trot with a hard-fought 20-
18 win over Melbourne on Saturday night.
Brett Finch opened the scoring for the Storm after 10 minutes, kicking the ball forward on the last tackle and
running around the Storm defenders to score. But the match was back on level terms five minutes later with
Bryson Goodwin pouncing on a speculative pass by Ben Barba and running 30 metres to score.
A fine individual effort by Billy Slater resulted in the Storm’s second try, but Jamal Idris immediately hit back for the
Bulldogs. It was end-to-end play throughout the half; with the scores locked at 12-12 at the break.
The second half started controversially for the Bulldogs, with Tim Winitana looking to have scored only for the try
to be denied by the video referee, with some obstruction in back play. Scoring chances dried up and the game
tightened; but on the hour Shane Neumann made a break and crashed over to score a try, putting the Bulldogs in
front for the first time. Bryson Goodwin’s conversion, and a penalty goal a few minutes later, gave the Bulldogs an
eight-point buffer that would be too much for the Storm to recover from.
Sika Manu scored a late try to reduce the final margin to two points, the final score being 20-18; but there was no
disputing the Bulldogs had been the better side throughout the evening. A dismal season for the Bulldogs has
suddenly come to life; albeit too late to be a serious challenger for the finals. But for the Storm, it was their fourth
defeat in their last five games; as the spirit in the club continues to deteriorate in the aftermath of the salary cap
scandal that sees the Storm not playing for points this season.
Canterbury Bulldogs 20 def Melbourne Storm 18
Bulldogs : Tries –
B Goodwin, J Idris, S Neumann. Goals – B Goodwin 4/4.
Storm : Tries – B Finch, S Manu, B Slater. Goals – C Smith 2/2, G Inglis 1/1.
Referees – M Cecchin, T De las Heras. Crowd – 10,350 at Adelaide Oval.

Newcastle’s revival continued on Sunday afternoon at Energy Australia Stadium when the Knights took out their
third game in a row, a 21-10 win over Cronulla.
The Knights were looking anything but winners early, with a series of knock-ons gifting the Sharks possession and
field position. And after eight minutes, the Sharks made the Knights pay, with Ben Pomeroy crashing over to put
the ball over the line, the video referee giving Pomeroy the benefit of the doubt. Luke Covell converted and the
Sharks had an early 6-0 lead.
But the Cronulla try was the spur the Knights needed to lift their game. Ben Rogers made a break close to the
line, and made it look easy as he weaved his way around the Cronulla defenders to score. And on 24 minutes,
Adam Macdougall sent Matt Hilder through a gap for the try that would give Newcastle the lead for the first time.
It would be the last score of the first half, with the Knights leading 12-6 at the break.
The Knights made excellent field position straight away from the restart, and after just two minutes of the half
Junior Sau powered his way over the line for a try, which Kurt Gidley was unable to convert. The ball then moved
from end to end for the next 20 minutes, but despite each side having a possible try refereed to the video
referee, the scoreboard didn’t move.
Shortly after the hour, a penalty goal gave the Knights a 12-point advantage, and another one five minutes later
made the margin more than two converted tries. The Sharks had to throw caution to the wind and attempt to
manufacture tries, knowing they needed three of them to snatch the game. And they got one, with Luke Covell
scoring in the corner. But frustratingly for the Sharks, his attempt to convert his own try bounced off the upright
and was unsuccessful.
As the clock ticked down, it was clear the Knights had enough of a buffer to ensure victory. A field goal in the
dying moments added another point to the margin, and the final siren sounded to record a 21-10 win to the
Knights. The Knights find themselves just two points outside the top eight; and despite a season that hasn’t gone
their way, the finals still remain a possibility.
Newcastle Knights 21 def Cronulla Sharks 10
Knights : Tries –
M Hilder, B Rogers, J Sau. Goals – K Gidley 4/5. Field Goals – J Mullen 1/1.
Sharks : Tries – B Pomeroy, L Covell. Goals – L Covell 1/2.
Referees - T Archer, G Sutton. Crowd – 12,909 at Energy Australia Stadium.

Second placed Penrith were stunned on Sunday afternoon when the Panthers went down at home in a low-
scoring slog 12-6 to the New Zealand Warriors.
The Warriors caught the Panthers out defensively early, as Lewis Brown made a break before off-loading to send
James Maloney to the line for the opening try. And at 20 minutes, the lead doubled to 12 points as Manu Vatuvei
put on a stunning solo effort, pulling down a cross-field bomb and dragging three Panther defenders 20 metres
with him as he propelled himself with all the force he could muster to find the line.
James Maloney converted both tries, but an attempted penalty goal shortly afterwards was unsuccessful. And the
Panthers fought back three minutes before half time, as Jeremy Latimore knocked on and the ball was gathered
by Lachlan Coote, who crashed over the line. There were considerable doubts whether the ball was grounded,
with the video referee unable to make a decision and sending it back as a ref’s call; the benefit of the doubt
seeing the Panthers awarded the try.
It was 12-6 to the Warriors at half time, but the Panthers came storming back into the contest in the second half.
A lopsided penalty count helped the home team, and an even more lopsided possession count saw them
constantly attacking the Warriors’ line. But the Warriors defended resolutely, and the Panthers kept trying but
coming up blank.
But as the Panthers continued to dominate possession, getting so close so often to the line, surely the Warriors’
brave defence would have to crack eventually. So everyone thought. But the Kiwi side’s defence rose to the
occasion, holding the Panthers out for 40 tense, tight and scoreless minutes of the second half to complete a
remarkable victory; two valuable points for the Warriors’ finals aspirations, but disappointingly two points that got
away at home for the Panthers, who remain in second place but four points behind the ladder-leading Dragons.
New Zealand Warriors 12 def Penrith Panthers 6
Warriors : Tries –
J Maloney, M Vatuvei. Goals – J Maloney 2/3.
Panthers : Tries – L Coote. Goals – M Gordon 1/1.
Referees – S Hayne, C James. Crowd – 9,983 at CUA Stadium.

Parramatta have struggled to get winning scores this season, and going into this round had the smallest number of
points for of any club this season. But for once, the Eels managed to get the scoreboard ticking over, with a 36-
24 home win over North Queensland on Monday night.
For much of this season, the Eels had struggled to reproduce the form of their golden run in the leadup to and
during last year’s finals. But Monday night saw them turn back the clock to 2009 with a sensational performance.
And once again, as was the case in 2009, it was Jarryd Hayne who was pivotal to their success. The Hayne-plane
was unstoppable, bringing up a hat-trick of tries; including one from a scintillating 70 metre run shortly before half
time that had the crowd on their feet.
The Cowboys scored early and held a 6-0 lead, but the final 15 minutes before half time saw the Eels run through
four converted tries to race to a 24-6 half time lead.
Hayne’s third try a few minutes after the break put the Eels 30-6 ahead. The Cowboys lifted late in the game to
salvage something from the contest, but never looked like overhauling Parramatta’s enormous lead. The haul of six
tries for Parramatta, and their score of 36 points, is their biggest for the season. A morale-booster for the
struggling club; and just maybe the kick-start they need for another run to the finals.
Parramatta Eels 36 def North Queensland Cowboys 24
Eels : Tries –
J Hayne 3, K Inu, J Reddy, J Robson. Goals – L Burt 6/6.
Cowboys : Tries – W Tonga 2, W Tupou, A Taumata. Goals – J Thurston 4/4.
Referees – J Maxwell, A Klein. Crowd – 11,117 at Parramatta Stadium.
(All times shown are Sydney time)

Friday 16th July
South Sydney v St George (7:30pm, ANZ Stadium)
Gold Coast v Brisbane (7:30pm, Skilled Park)
Saturday 17th July
NZ Warriors v Melbourne (5:30pm, Mt Smart Stadium)
Penrith v Parramatta (7:30pm, CUA Stadium)
Cronulla v Manly (7:30pm, Toyota Stadium)
Sunday 18th July
Canberra v Newcastle (2:00pm, Canberra Stadium)
Sydney Roosters v Canterbury (3:00pm, Sydney Football Stadium)
Monday 19th July
Wests Tigers v North Queensland (7:00pm, Leichhardt Oval)
St George-
Wests Tigers
Sydney Roosters
Gold Coast
NZ Warriors
South Sydney
North Queensland
NOTE - Melbourne stripped of all points for 2010 due to salary cap breach.
NRL Round 1 2008
NRL Round 2 2008
NRL Round 3 2008
NRL Round 4 2008
NRL Round 5 2008
NRL Round 6 2008
NRL Round 7 2008
NRL Round 8 2008
NRL Round 9 2008
NRL Round 10 2008
NRL Round 11 2008
NRL Round 12 2008
NRL Round 13 2008
NRL Round 14 2008
NRL Round 15 2008
NRL Round 16 2008
NRL Round 17 2008
NRL Round 18 2008
NRL Round 19 2008
NRL Round 20 2008
NRL Round 21 2008

NRL Round 1 2009
NRL Round 2 2009
NRL Round 3 2009
NRL Round 4 2009
NRL Round 5 2009
NRL Round 6 2009
NRL Round 7 2009
NRL Round 8 2009
NRL Round 9 2009
NRL Round 10 2009
NRL Round 11 2009
NRL Round 12 2009
NRL Round 13 2009
NRL Round 14 2009
NRL Round 15 2009
NRL Round 16 2009
NRL Round 17 2009
NRL Round 18 2009
NRL Round 19 2009
NRL Round 20 2009
NRL Round 21 2009
NRL Round 22 2009

NRL Round 1 2010
NRL Round 2 2010
NRL Round 3 2010
NRL Round 4 2010
NRL Round 5 2010
NRL Round 6 2010
NRL Round 7 2010
NRL Round 8 2010
NRL Round 9 2010
NRL Round 10 2010
NRL Round 11 2010
NRL Round 12 2010
NRL Round 13 2010
NRL Round 14 2010
NRL Round 15 2010
NRL Round 16 2010
NRL Round 17 2010
NRL Round 18 2010

NRL Round 1 2011
NRL Round 2 2011
NRL Round 3 2011
NRL Round 4 2011
NRL Round 5 2011
NRL Round 6 2011
NRL Round 7 2011
NRL Round 8 2011
NRL Round 9 2011
NRL Round 10 2011
NRL Round 11 2011
NRL Round 12 2011
NRL Round 13 2011
NRL Round 14 2011
NRL Round 15 2011
NRL Round 16 2011

Photo Gallery - Round 6 08,
Roosters v Newcastle

Photo Gallery - Rnd 12 08.
Roosters v Wests Tigers

Photo Gallery - Rnd 8 09
Parramatta v North Qld

Photo Gallery - Rnd 1 2010
Wests Tigers v Manly

Photo Gallery - Rnd 2 2010
Souths v Gold Coast

Photo Gallery - Rnd 2 2010
Roosters v Wests Tigers

Photo Gallery - Rnd 4 2010
Souths v Bulldogs

Photo Gallery - Rnd 6 2010
- Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

Photo Gallery - Rnd 6 2010
- Parramatta v Souths

Photo Gallery - Rnd 8 2010
- Wests Tig v Syd Roosters

Photo Gallery - Rnd 10
2010 - Bulldogs v St George

Photo Gallery - Origin I
2010 - NSW v Queensland

Photo Gallery - Rnd 13
2010 - Bulldogs v W Tigers

Photo Gallery - Rnd 13
2010 - Souths v Nth Qld

Photo Gallery - Origin III
2010 - NSW v Queensland

Photo Gallery - Rnd 19
2010 - Souths v St George

Photo Gallery - Rnd 20
2010 - Souths v Warriors

Photo Gallery - Rnd 23
2010 - Bulldogs v Raiders

Photo Gallery - Rnd 1 2011
- Bulldogs v Wests Tigers

Photo Gallery - Round 13
2011 - W Tigers v Newcstle

Photo Gallery - Round 15
2011 - Souths v Gold Coast

Photo Gallery - Round 18
2011 - P'matta v W Tigers

Photo Gallery - Round 24
2011 - Souths v Nth Qld

Photo Gallery - Qual Final
2011 - W Tigers v St George

2009 Grand Final Day pics
Under 20s
Pre-Match Entertainment
NRL Grand Final
Post-Match Presentations

2010 Grand Final Day pics
Under 20s
Pre-Match Entertainment