(All times shown are Sydney time)

Friday 8th April
North Queensland v Gold Coast (7:30pm, Dairy Farmers Stadium)
Wests Tigers v South Sydney (7:30pm, Sydney Football Stadium)
Saturday 9th April
New Zealand Warriors v Sydney Roosters (5:30pm, Mt Smart Stadium)
Cronulla-Sutherland v Manly-Warringah (7:30pm, Toyota Stadium)
Penrith v Canberra (7:30pm, Centrebet Stadium)
Sunday 10th April
Melbourne v Parramatta (2:00pm, AAMI Park)
St George-Illawarra v Canterbury-Bankstown (3:00pm, SCG)
Monday 11th April
Brisbane v Newcastle (7:00pm, Suncorp Stadium)
St George
Nth Queensland
Sydney Roosters
South Sydney
Wests Tigers
NZ Warriors
Gold Coast
A full house on the Central Coast saw Souths hang on for dear life to record a 32-30 victory over Manly in a high-
scoring and entertaining contest on Friday night.
The Rabbitohs made the early front-running, having the better of the early exchanges to score the opening try.
It came when debutant Kane Morgan gathered a pass from Chris Sandow and chip-kicked it forward where the
running Dylan Farrell was on the spot to put the ball down and open the scoring.
On 15 minutes, Jamie Buhrer levelled the scores for the Sea Eagles, placing the ball over the line but the video
referee took some time to be convinced the grounding was in order. But just two minutes later the Rabbitohs
were back in the lead, Fetuli Talanoa chasing down a grubber to score just a few centimetres before the dead
ball line. The try wasn’t converted, but Sandow nailed a penalty goal shortly afterwards to put the Rabbitohs 12-
6 ahead.
Kieran Foran set up Buhrer for his second try, but the conversion attempt was waved away. And on the stroke
of half-time, Dylan Farrell strolled through some woeful Manly defence, as if the Sea Eagle defenders had already
clocked off for half time. Sandow’s conversion attempt was unsuccessful, and the Rabbitohs held a 16-10 lead at
half time.
Daniel Harrison scored early in the second half for the Sea Eagles, to cut the margin to 2 points; but that spurred
Souths into action. A possible try was disallowed by the video referee, with the ruling it was a double
movement.  But there was no doubt about the next time the Rabbitohs crossed the line, a brilliant solo effort by
Farrell to bring up his hat-trick. And shortly after the clock ticked past the hour mark, McQueen made a break
before off-loading to Nathan Merritt who scored under the posts. Isaac Luke converted, and the Rabbitohs were
26-14 ahead. And when Greg Inglis found Merritt just three minutes later for his second try, the Rabbitohs were
looking safe and headed for victory.
But in the end, they were forced to hang on against a determined Manly comeback. Anthony Watmough was at
the end of a kick forward by Foran to score and cut the margin to 32-20. Jamie Lyon send Michael Oldfield
forward to the line to score. And with just seconds remaining, Will Hopoate scored in the corner. Cherry-Evans
had a tough conversion after the siren from the sidelines, and a successful kick would take the match into golden
point. But the kick sailed agonisingly wide, and the Rabbitohs had done just enough to hang on and take the
South Sydney Rabbitohs 32 def Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 30
Rabbitohs : Tries – D Farrell 3, N Merritt 2, F Talanoa. Goals – I Luke 2/3, C Sandow 2/4.
Sea Eagles : Tries – J Buhrer 2, A Watmough, W Hopoate, M Oldfield, D Harrison. Goals – D
Cherry-Evans 3/6.
Referee – A Klein, A Devcich. Crowd – 18,108 at Bluetongue Stadium.

Brisbane took out their third win on the trot when the Broncos took out an 18-10 victory over Penrith at
Suncorp Stadium on Friday night. The win continued their impressive defensive performance for the season, in
which they are yet to concede a point in the second half.
It was an overcast evening in Brisbane, but although rain threatened all evening the weather remained dry. But
on the field, it was literally a flying start for the Broncos, with Alex Glenn going to the air AFL-style to pull down a
bomb and plant it over the try-line for the opening score after just two minutes.
But the Panthers fought back, Michael Gordon putting up a bomb on the fifth tackle and chasing it down to
score in the corner. But on the tight angle, Gordon was unable to convert his own try; and the Broncos were 6-
4 ahead. The ball travelled from end to end, both sides threatening to score. The Panthers got closest, but had
a try disallowed by the video referee. And just after the half hour, they were in; after Adrian Purtell drew two
Bronco defenders before off-loading to Kevin Kingston, who faced minimal opposition to run in and score a try
that would give the Panthers the lead. Michael Gordon landed the penalty, and the Panthers would go on to
take a 10-6 lead into the sheds at half time.
Three minutes after the break, Jack Reed crossed the line for the Broncos to score in the corner, but the video
referee disallowed the try. But a few minutes later, Gerard Beale was on the end of a string of passes to place
the ball down and score. Shortly afterwards, Peter Wallace weighted a kick perfectly to enable Jharal Yow Yeh to
score. Corey Parker was unable to add the extras after the try, but two penalty goals shortly afterwards gave the
Broncos an 18-10 buffer.
The Panthers came out hard in the final minutes, needing two tries to pull off the win. But it wasn’t to be, with
the Panthers’ desperation becoming more apparent with each risk that didn’t come off. The Broncos played
effective, no-nonsense play in the closing stages; controlling the ball, refusing the Panthers any possession within
attacking period. The Broncos were able to run down the Panthers to deny them any chance of stealing the win.
Brisbane Broncos 18 def Penrith Panthers 10
Broncos : Tries – J Yow Yeh, A Glenn, G Beale. Goals – C Parker 3/5.
Panthers : Tries – M Gordon, K Kingston. Goals – M Gordon 1/2.
Referees – J Robinson, C James. Crowd – 25,263 at Suncorp Stadium.

Gold Coast, fancied by some judges as a premiership contender before the season started, had found themselves
winless after three rounds. But finally in Round 4 the Titans broke through, coming from behind to snatch a 23-
22 golden point win over Canberra at Bruce Stadium on Saturday evening.
The Raiders had an early try attempt disallowed, after the video referee confirmed that Harrison had put his foot
into touch before grounding the ball. And against the run of play, the Titans were on the board after 10
minutes, with Craig Bird crossing the line.
Joel Thompson got a quick reply for the Raiders to level the game at 6-6, but the Titans again took the lead
when Brad Meyers made a break and ran 50 metres to score. The Raiders again hit back on the stroke of half
time, when Daniel Vidot chased down a grubber; but Jason Croker’s conversion attempt was unsuccessful, and
the Titans held a 12-10 lead at the break.
The Raiders took the lead for the first time shortly after half-time, Jarrod Croker getting the ball after a scrum win
and out-pacing the NSW defence to score. But Bodene Thompson hit back for the Titans, crashing over from
dummy half to score in the corner. Preston Campbell was off the field, so Greg Bird took the conversion attempt
and hit the uprights before bouncing away, scores were locked at 6-6.
Shortly after the hour mark, Dane Tilse found a gap in the Gold Coast line and dived over to score a converted
try. The Raiders held a 6-point lead, and continued to hold it as the clock ticked down. The Raiders continued to
press, and must have been tempted to go for the field goal but made no attempt to get the extra point; a
decision that would come back to haunt them.
The Titans held the ball as the clock ticked to zero. The siren sounded, the Titans threw the ball around, kicked
the ball forward and a lucky bounce saw it spill to Anthony Laffranchi, who scored under the posts. The video
referee took some time to deliberate, before awarding the try. Greg Bird added the extras to level the match at
22-22, and so the game would go to golden point.
The Titans gained the advantage when Blake Ferguson knocked on, the Titans getting possession inside Canberra’
s half. Greg Bird got into field goal position and slotted the drop goal over, and finally the Titans had broken their
duck for 2011.
Gold Coast Titans 23 def Canberra Raiders 22 in golden point extra time
Titans : Tries – G Bird, A Laffranchi, B Meyers, B Thompson. Goals – P Campbell 2/2, G Bird 1/2.
Field Goals – G Bird 1/1.
Raiders : Tries – D Tilse, J Thompson, J Croker, D Vidot. Goals – J Croker 3/4.
Referees – S Lyons, M Cecchin. Crowd – 12,165 at Canberra Stadium.

After back to back losses, Parramatta took a step towards getting their season back on track when the Eels got
out of jail to record a thrilling 22-20 win over North Queensland at Parramatta Stadium on Saturday night.
The Cowboys started brightly, and soon found themselves 10-0 after Ashley Graham scored under minimal
pressure and then Ray Thompson ran most of the length of the field before being brought down by Luke Burt
just in front of the line, and a quick play-the-ball allowing Kalifa Fai-Fai Loa to cross the line before the Eels’
defenders had a chance to get themselves back onside.
But the Eels fought back at the 20 minute mark. Daniel Mortimer, electing to run the ball rather than kicking on
the last tackle, flicked a pass back to Luke Burt, who dived over in the corner to score Parramatta’s first points for
the game, and equal Brett Kenny’s record of 110 career tries for the Eels. But Burt was unable to convert his try,
and the Cowboys retained their 10-4 lead.
Burt was again in the thick of the action shortly after the half hour mark, throwing a dummy that wrong-footed
the Cowboy defenders, enabling Burt to send Ryan Morgan to the line for his first try in NRL ranks, and after Burt
landed the conversion the scores were level at 10-10; and would remain locked for the remainder of the half.
The Cowboys were back in front early in the second half, Fai-Fai Loa going for a 60 metre run to score out wide,
but Johnathan Thurston was unable to convert. But shortly afterwards, Etu Uaisele showed strength to crash
over for a try in the corner. Burt’s perfectly-weighted conversion from the sideline sailed over the black dot, and
the Eels were in front for the first time.
With 10 minutes to go, Thurston spotted an opening and threw a creative pass to Willie Tonga to restore the
lead for the Cowboys. Thurston’s conversion was successful, giving the Cowboys a 20-16 lead. The Cowboys
pressed, looking for the knockout blow, but it would not come; and the Eels desperately searched for a try, but
came up empty through several sets, as the clock was ticking down.
But with just two minutes to go, it was Luke Burt who again proved to be man of the moment, running through
a gap to score the try that would give Burt the Eels club try-scoring record outright but also level the scores.
And, showing no sign of the occasion nerving him, Burt stepped back and calmly slotted the conversion through,
giving the Eels a thrilling win in a game that, for much of the evening, seemed to be headed towards a Cowboy
Parramatta Eels 22 def North Queensland Cowboys 20
Eels : Tries – L Burt 2, E Uaisele, R Morgan. Goals – L Burt 3/4.
Cowboys : Tres – K Fai-Fai Loa 2, A Graham, W Tonga. Goals – J Thurston 2/4.
Referees – J Maxwell, P Haines. Crowd – 11,226 at Parramatta Stadium.

Cronulla took their home game against the New Zealand Warriors across the Tasman to Taupo. It was a lucrative
money-spinner for the Sharks, but counted against them on the field, as the Warriors took advantage of their
extra home advantage to break through for a 26-18 victory, their first win for 2011.
After four minutes, the Warriors were on the board, with Glenn Fisiiahi bursting through to score under the
posts. But the Sharks wasted no time in bouncing back, with Jeremy Smith finding an opening for a reply; and
after 10 minutes the scores were locked at 6-6.
A penalty goal gave the Warriors an 8-6 lead, but on the half hour mark the Sharks took the lead for the first
time. The Warriors’ defence was caught napping, as Wade Graham strolled through some soft defence that failed
to lay a tackle; and when John Williams converted, the Sharks held a 12-8 lead and maintained that margin till half
The Warriors dominated possession after the break, constantly threatening to score; and it took as much
determination as the desperate Cronulla defence could muster to hold them out. But after 12 minutes, their
resistance crumbled and James Maloney sent Fisiiahi through for his second try. And on the hour, Maloney went
himself and after the video referee took a while to check the grounding, the try was awarded.
Ten minutes later, the game was safe for the Warriors, after the ex-Parramatta duo of Fulini Mateo and Krisnan
Inu combined, with Inu going in under the posts. Maloney’s conversion made the score 26-12, and victory was
assured. John Williams scored a consolation try for the Sharks in the dying moments, but the Sharks’ 2-game
winning streak was over and the Warriors had broken their duck for 2011.
New Zealand Warriors 26 def Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 18
Warriors : Tries – G Fisiiahi 2, K Inu, J Maloney. Goals – J Maloney 5/5.
Sharks : Tries – J Williams, W Graham, J Smith. Goals – J Williams 3/3.
Referee – G Badger, B Suttor. Crowd – 14,645 at Owen Delany Park, Taupo NZ.

Newcastle’s first home game of the season saw the Knights host defending champions St George. And after the
Dragons got out to an early lead and looked set for a comfortable afternoon, they were forced to hang on
against a resurgent Newcastle as the Knights went perilously close to stealing the game.
A silly penalty in the second minute resulted in the Dragons getting on the scoreboard early, as Jamie Soward
elected to take the two points on offer. But for the next 20 minutes it was tight and tough, neither side
conceding any ground to the other. But eventually the Dragons would wear the Newcastle resistance down and
score, with a bomb to the corner which Wes Naiqama knocked on and Darius Boyd was there to clean up the ball
and score.
A creative pass from Mark Gasnier found a flying Jason Nightingale and the Dragons were in again shortly
afterwards. But the Knights got back into the contest a minute before half time when Chris Houston crashed
over to score, Kurt Gidley’s conversion making it 14-6 at the break.
The Dragons added to their lead shortly after half time, when Adam MacDougall attempted an intercept but
couldn’t hold onto the ball, and Matt Cooper was there to stroll through for the easiest of tries. At 20-6, it was
looking like plain sailing for the Dragons.
But ten minutes later, the Knights were back in the game as Corey Paterson found a gap and ran 35 metres to
score. The Knights came alive, and the momentum, the run of play, and the flow of penalties began to run their
way. Kurt Gidley was denied a try on the hour by the video referee, but shortly afterwards James McManus was
awarded a try, and after the conversion the margin was back to two points with still over 10 minutes to go.
The Knights did everything they could to get the try that would put them in front; but it would not be
forthcoming. The Dragons were forced to defend grimly during the final stages, but hung on to deny the Knights
and take outthe win.
St George-Illawarra Dragons 20 def Newcastle Knights 18
Dragons : Tries – M Cooper, D Boyd, J Nightingale. Goals – J Soward 4/4.
Knights : Tries – J McManus, C Houston, C Paterson. Goals – K Gidley 3/3.
Referees – B Cummins, T De las Heras. Crowd – 20,986 at Ausgrid Stadium.

The Sydney Roosters returned to the winning list on a bright and sunny Sunday afternoon, recording a
convincing 24-6 win over Wests Tigers at the SFS.
The Tigers had an early scoring chance denied when the video referee determined Wade McKinnon was held up.
But a minute later, it was the Roosters who were first on the scoreboard after an intercept and 80 metre run by
Shaun Kenny-Dowall. And shortly afterwards, Martin Kennedy got through some soft Tiger defending to score
another, and the Roosters were out to a 10-0 lead.
The Tigers were struggling, turning the ball over too often before completing their sets; and were unable to
build any sustained pressure on the Roosters. A penalty goal shortly before half time saw the Roosters come into
the break with a 12-0 lead.
The Tigers came out firing after the break, and were back in the game after Aaron Woods found an opening to
score, Benji Marshall’s conversion narrowing the deficit to six points. But the Tiger revival was short-lived, and five
minutes later Anthony Minichiello crossed for the Roosters to restore the half-time margin.
With an 18-6 advantage, the Roosters were happy to defend and sit on their lead. And that’s what they did for
the next 25 minutes. The Tigers didn’t help their cause with a series of missed tackles, fumbles and poor decision-
making; and even Anthony Minichiello having a 10-minute stint in the sin bin wasn’t enough to get the Tigers
back into the contest.
And in the final minutes, Todd Carney put the issue beyond doubt after out-running the Tiger defenders to
score under the posts. Braith Anasta converted, and the final scoreline was a comprehensive 24-6 to the
Sydney Roosters 24 def Wests Tigers 6
Roosters : Tries – T Carney, A Minichiello, S Kenny-Dowall, M Kennedy. Goals – B Anasta 4/5, M
Pearce 0/1.
Tigers : Tries – A Woods. Goals – B Marshall 1/1.
Referees – T Archer, A Shortall. Crowd – 20,479 at Sydney Football Stadium.

Monday night NRL came from Melbourne, and the Storm ended the Bulldogs’ unbeaten start to the season with
a 30-16 win at AAMI Park.
The Storm were on the board within seconds. From the kickoff, Cooper Cronk attempted a 40-20, which Ben
Barba knocked back to prevent it going out, only for Matt Duffie to kick to himself, scoop up the ball and score.
Cameron Smith converted the try, and a penalty goal shortly afterwards gave the Storm an 8-0 advantage.
But the Bulldogs were on the board after 14 minutes. Steve Turner, playing against his old club, chased down a
grubber from Trent Hodgkinson to score in the corner; but Bryson Goodwin was unable to convert and the score
remained at 8-4.
On the half hour, the Bulldogs went close to scoring, but the try was disallowed by the video referee and a
penalty to the Storm awarded. The Storm moved the ball downfield, and a cross-field chip kick by Cooper Cronk
on the last tackle was taken by Kevin Proctor for the Storm’s second try. And when Dane Nielsen crashed over,
the Storm took an 18-4 lead to the half time break.
And in the ten minutes after the break, the Storm would score two more tries to put the result beyond doubt.
Matt Duffie brought up his double, and Jesse Bromwich also found himself on the scoreboard; and at 30-4, the
Storm’s win was assured. Andrew Ryan and Kris Keating scored for the Bulldogs during the final 20 minutes, but
there was no suggestion that the Bulldogs could get back into the contest; and instead it was the Storm who
would go down in the record books as being the first team to defeat the Bulldogs in 2011.
And so we've got a remarkably even season after the first four rounds. Already every club has had at least one
win and at least one loss, with only two games separating first from last.
Melbourne Storm 30 def Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 16
Storm : Tries – M Duffie 2, K Proctor, D Nielsen, J Bromwich. Goals – C Smith 5/6.
Bulldogs : Tries – A Ryan, S Turner, K Keating. Goals – B Goodwin 2/3.
Referees – S Hayne, G Sutton. Crowd – 11,092 at AAMI Park.
NRL Round 1 2008
NRL Round 2 2008
NRL Round 3 2008
NRL Round 4 2008
NRL Round 5 2008
NRL Round 6 2008
NRL Round 7 2008
NRL Round 8 2008
NRL Round 9 2008
NRL Round 10 2008
NRL Round 11 2008
NRL Round 12 2008
NRL Round 13 2008
NRL Round 14 2008
NRL Round 15 2008
NRL Round 16 2008
NRL Round 17 2008
NRL Round 18 2008
NRL Round 19 2008
NRL Round 20 2008
NRL Round 21 2008

NRL Round 1 2009
NRL Round 2 2009
NRL Round 3 2009
NRL Round 4 2009
NRL Round 5 2009
NRL Round 6 2009
NRL Round 7 2009
NRL Round 8 2009
NRL Round 9 2009
NRL Round 10 2009
NRL Round 11 2009
NRL Round 12 2009
NRL Round 13 2009
NRL Round 14 2009
NRL Round 15 2009
NRL Round 16 2009
NRL Round 17 2009
NRL Round 18 2009
NRL Round 19 2009
NRL Round 20 2009
NRL Round 21 2009
NRL Round 22 2009

NRL Round 1 2010
NRL Round 2 2010
NRL Round 3 2010
NRL Round 4 2010
NRL Round 5 2010
NRL Round 6 2010
NRL Round 7 2010
NRL Round 8 2010
NRL Round 9 2010
NRL Round 10 2010
NRL Round 11 2010
NRL Round 12 2010
NRL Round 13 2010
NRL Round 14 2010
NRL Round 15 2010
NRL Round 16 2010
NRL Round 17 2010
NRL Round 18 2010

NRL Round 1 2011
NRL Round 2 2011
NRL Round 3 2011
NRL Round 4 2011
NRL Round 5 2011
NRL Round 6 2011
NRL Round 7 2011
NRL Round 8 2011
NRL Round 9 2011
NRL Round 10 2011
NRL Round 11 2011
NRL Round 12 2011
NRL Round 13 2011
NRL Round 14 2011
NRL Round 15 2011
NRL Round 16 2011

Photo Gallery - Round 6 08,
Roosters v Newcastle

Photo Gallery - Rnd 12 08.
Roosters v Wests Tigers

Photo Gallery - Rnd 8 09
Parramatta v North Qld

Photo Gallery - Rnd 1 2010
Wests Tigers v Manly

Photo Gallery - Rnd 2 2010
Souths v Gold Coast

Photo Gallery - Rnd 2 2010
Roosters v Wests Tigers

Photo Gallery - Rnd 4 2010
Souths v Bulldogs

Photo Gallery - Rnd 6 2010
- Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

Photo Gallery - Rnd 6 2010
- Parramatta v Souths

Photo Gallery - Rnd 8 2010
- Wests Tig v Syd Roosters

Photo Gallery - Rnd 10
2010 - Bulldogs v St George

Photo Gallery - Origin I
2010 - NSW v Queensland

Photo Gallery - Rnd 13
2010 - Bulldogs v W Tigers

Photo Gallery - Rnd 13
2010 - Souths v Nth Qld

Photo Gallery - Origin III
2010 - NSW v Queensland

Photo Gallery - Rnd 19
2010 - Souths v St George

Photo Gallery - Rnd 20
2010 - Souths v Warriors

Photo Gallery - Rnd 23
2010 - Bulldogs v Raiders

Photo Gallery - Rnd 1 2011
- Bulldogs v Wests Tigers

Photo Gallery - Round 13
2011 - W Tigers v Newcstle

Photo Gallery - Round 15
2011 - Souths v Gold Coast

Photo Gallery - Round 18
2011 - P'matta v W Tigers

Photo Gallery - Round 24
2011 - Souths v Nth Qld

Photo Gallery - Qual Final
2011 - W Tigers v St George

2009 Grand Final Day pics
Under 20s
Pre-Match Entertainment
NRL Grand Final
Post-Match Presentations

2010 Grand Final Day pics
Under 20s
Pre-Match Entertainment