(All times shown are Sydney time)

Friday 20th May
Canberra v Canterbury (7:30pm, Canberra Stadium)
Saturday 21st May
Wests Tigers v Penrith (7:30pm, Campbelltown Stadium)
Sunday 22nd May
NZ Warriors v South Sydney (2:00pm, Mt Smart Stadium)
Sydney Roosters v Newcastle (3:00pm, Sydney Football Stadium)
Monday 23rd May
Parramatta v Cronulla (7:00pm, Parramatta Stadium)
BYE - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Manly, Melbourne, North Queensland, St George.
St George
Nth Queensland
NZ Warriors
Wests Tigers
South Sydney
Sydney Roosters
Gold Coast
A blockbuster crowd at ANZ Stadium on Friday night saw St George start well but were forced to hang on for
dear life as the fast-finishing Bulldogs threatened to pull off an upset.
An early penalty goal gave the Dragons the lead, but the Bulldogs looked dangerous early; and were unlucky not
to get the opening try, with the video referee penalising Ben Barba for a double movement.
But the video referee was more generous to St George at the 20 minute mark. Beau Scott spotted an
opportunity, and off-loaded to Matt Prior who somehow managed to get the ball onto the ground despite the
efforts of the tackling Bulldog defenders to hold Prior up in goal. Soward’s conversion gave the Dragons an 8-0
The Dragons were in again shortly before the half hour mark, with an offload from Darius Boyd finding Matt
Cooper, who dragged two Bulldog defenders over the line with him. Soward added the extras.
But more action would unfold in the final minute of the half. A penalty was blown to the Dragons, with Soward
electing to take the kick. But his kick was a shocker and missed the goals. Only seconds remained before half
time, but that was enough for the Bulldogs to give a soft penalty as the half time siren sounded. This time, the
Dragons elected to take the tap; and immediately the ball spilled to Soward, who popped the field goal over to
give the Dragons a 15-0 lead at half time.
The Bulldogs came out breathing fire after half time, and four minutes after the restart they had scored. Michael
Lett gathered the ball 40 metres from the St George line and won the race to the try-line ahead of some
desperate Dragon defenders. Lett’s try wasn’t converted, but the Bulldogs were on the scoreboard. And on the
hour, the Bulldogs had scored again. Jamal Idris flew high to catch a bomb, and a lightning-fast pass found Trent
Hodkinsn racing over the line. This time Steve Turner converted and the scoreline was 15-10.
With less than a converted try in it, the Bulldogs continued to attack. Jamie Soward, looking for an extra point’s
buffer so a converted try would only level the scores, twice attemted to slot a field goal over, but twice failed to
do so. The Bulldogs pressed hard in the final stages of the game, looking for a chance to send the game into
golden point, but it wasn’t to be; and the Dragons hung on for a hard-earned win.
St George-Illawarra Dragons 15 def Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 10
Dragons : Tries – M Cooper, M Pryor. Goals – J Soward 3/4. Field Goals – J Soward 1/3.
Bulldogs : Tries – M Lett, T Hodkinson. Goals – S Turner 1/2.
Referees – B Cummins, T De las Heras. Crowd – 34,322 at ANZ Stadium.

A boilover at Centrebet Stadium on Friday night saw the struggling Penrith take the points against the high-flying
Brisbane, the Panthers taking control to record a 33-10 rout of the Broncos.
Penrith had a terrible opening, their kick-off sailing out on the full to give the Broncos the ball from the half way
line. But the Panthers’ defence was up to the task, with the Broncos unable to threaten the line during the
opening set.  And as the game unfolded, the Panthers found themselves making up more ground in their sets
than the Broncos were; and after 13 minutes the Panthers found the line, with Luke Lewis bursting through a
gap to bring up the first try of the game.
On 27 minutes, Kevin Kingston from dummy half crashed over to double the Panthers’ lead. But the Broncos
fought back, with Peter Wallace delivering a grubber on the last tackle that bounced off the upright and sat up
for Wallace to run in, gather and score a lucky try.
On the stroke of half time, the Broncos found themselves right back in the contest. Jharal Yow Yeh managed to
offload the ball a split second before being bundled into touch, and Corey Parker was left unattended to run 30
metres and score in the corner. But on a tight angle, Parker’s attempt to convert his own try was unsuccessful,
and the Panthers retained a 12-10 lead at half time.
After the break, the Panthers emerged the stronger side, and after Luke Walsh drew three defenders, a late
pass found its way to Michael Gordon for a try under the posts that brought the crowd to its feet.
Confidence was growing in the Panther camp, and on 57 minutes Brad Tighe ran 50 metres to put another try
on the board. Four minutes later, Timana Tahu outran the Bronco defenders to score a barnstorming try in the
corner, and even with Michael Gordon’s conversion attempt sailing wide, the Panthers found themselves 28-10 to
the good. But Gordon’s night would soon come to an end, a leg injury forcing him to be stretchered from the
Brad Tighe brought up his double in the closing stages, and a field goal in the final minute was more reason for
Penrith joy. After what has, until now, been a season to forget for the Panthers, finally they have a result that
gives them hope of turning their fortunes around. But the Broncos, who had been so strong for so long, it was a
shock defeat; their second loss in a row after a seven-game winning streak.
Penrith Panthers 33 def Brisbane Broncos 10
Panthers : Tries – B Tighe 2, T Tahu, L Lewis, M Gordon, K Kingston. Goals – M Gordon 4/5, L
Walsh 0/1.
Field Goals – L Walsh 1/1.
Broncos : Tries – C Parker, P Wallace. Goals – C Parker 1/2.
Referees – M Cecchin, P Haynes. Crowd – 11,336 at Centrebet Stadium.

Canberra, bottom of the ladder on the back of an eight-game losing streak, humiliated by Manly last week. Few
gave the Raiders a chance when they travelled to Melbourne to take on the high-flying Storm at full strength.
But against all expectations, the Raiders pulled out their best performance all season to record a 20-12 boilover at
AAMI Park on Saturday evening.
A small crowd in wet and windy conditions were shocked early as the Raiders made the early front-running. On
the back of a penalty and a zero tackle, the Raiders threw the ball out wide for Reece Robinson to outrun the
Storm defenders and score in the corner, a brilliant conversion by Jarrod Croker putting the Raiders 6-0 ahead.
The Storm were undisciplined, and the penalty count was running Canberra’s way. The Raiders, sensing an
opportunity, elected to take a quick tap instead of a shot at penalty goal, and Josh Dugan received an offload
from Josh McCrone; and although replays on the TV cast doubt on whether the ball had been grounded
correctly, the referees awarded the try without going upstairs.
The Raiders had their tails up and continued to attack, but Alan Tongue was twice denied tries by the video
referee. And with five minutes to go before half time, Matt Duffie got the Storm back in the contest with an
individual effort to score; and the Raiders’ lead was reduced to 12-6 at half time.
And a minute after the break, scores were level. A knock-on by McCrone during the first set of the half was
pounced on by Kevin Proctor, who ran through for the easiest of tries; and Cam Smith’s conversion levelled the
scores at 12-12.
The expectation around the ground was that, with the Storm having wiped out Canberra’s early lead, they
would go on with the job and run away to victory. But the run of Melbourne tries that were expected didn’t
materialise, as the Raiders defended staunchly; and backing themselves, the Raiders created scoring chances of
their own. Scores remained deadlocked for 25 nervous minutes, before a penalty goal to Croker gave the Raiders
the lead back.
Four minutes later, a chip and chase by Blake Ferguson saw him cross the line and claim a try. After considerable
deliberation by the video referee, a benefit-of-the-doubt try was awarded. Croker’s conversion gave the Raiders
an 8-point buffer that they were able to maintain, and despite the Storm’s best effort there was no way through
the defence of the spirited Raiders.
Canberra Raiders 20 def Melbourne Storm 12
Raiders : Tries – R Robinson, J Dugan, B Ferguson. Goals – J Croker 4/4.
Storm : Tries – K Proctor, M Duffie. Goals – C Smith 2/2.
Referees – G Sutton, C James. Crowd – 9,628 at AAMI Park.

South Sydney made a key step towards getting their season back on track when the Rabbitohs dominated the
first half to record a 29-18 victory over the Wests Tigers at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night.
The Rabbitohs came out firing, and in the 9th minute Michael Crocker was held up just millimetres short of the
line. Chris Sandow at dummy half kicked the ball and a flying Nathan Merritt pounced on the ball and planted it
down for the opening try of the game. Chris Sandow added the extras, and a penalty goal shortly after put the
Rabbitohs 8-0 ahead.
Five minutes later, Isaac Luke burst through a yawning gap in the Tigers’ defence before a quick offload to Rhys
Wesser saw the fullback score under the posts.
At 34 minutes, the Rabbitohs were in again. This time it was Fetuli Talanoa who was the scorer after some solid
lead-up work by John Sutton. Dylan Farrell found the line three minutes later, and Chris Sandow was putting in a
sensational performance from the kicking tee to convert every try. And, adding to the Souths advantage,
Sandow put a field goal over with seconds to go in the first half to give the Rabbitohs a 27-0 lead at half time.
But for all Souths’ dominance in the first half, they would be forced into some desperate defence to hold on to
their lead as the Tigers came back in the second half. Earning repeat sets, the Tigers pressed the Rabbitoh line
and Robbie Farah crashed over from dummy half to get the Tigers off the mark. Five minutes later, Matt Utai
caught the Souths defenders napping to spin around and score.
A penalty goal to the Rabbitohs gave them an extra two points buffer; but with ten minutes to go, Andrew Fifita
weaved around traffic before off-loading to Benji Marshall. Marshall’s try and conversion saw the Rabbitoh’s lead
reduced to 29-18.
There were still seven minutes to go when Wade McKinnon crossed the line, but the try was disallowed by the
video referee. Had the try been awarded and converted, there would have been less than a converted try in it
and the game would have gone down to the wire. But with the try not awarded, the Rabbitohs were able to
hang on while the Tigers were forced into risky play in their quest for two more tries. And so both teams find
themselves on four wins from nine games, only for-and-against separating them.
South Sydney Rabbitohs 29 def Wests Tigers 18
Rabbitohs : Tries – R Wesser, N Merritt, F Talanoa, D Farrell. Goals – C Sandow 6/6. Field Goals –
C Sandow 1/1.
Tigers : Tries – M Utai, R Farah, B Marshall. Goals – B Marshall 3/3.
Referees – J Maxwell, S Lyons. Crowd – 18,245 at ANZ Stadium.

North Queensland bounced back from last week’s loss, but had to work hard to do it, when the Cowboys came
from behind to record a 40-26 win over Parramatta in Townsville on Saturday night.
It took 16 minutes for the deadlock to be broken, but the video referee awarded a try to Jakob Loko after some
lead-up work by Jarryd Hayne finished with Loko bringing three Cowboy defenders with him but somehow
managed to get the ball down for a split-second to score. And five minutes later, the Eels were in again after Joel
Reddy made a break to set up Ben Smith; and the Eels were 10-0 ahead.
Joel Reddy again went close to the sidelines on the half hour mark before finding Jarryd Hayne, who ran around
the Cowboy defenders to score. But the Cowboys fought back in the final five minutes of the half, with Antonio
Winterstein crashing over from dummy half and Willie Tonga capitalising on some loose Eels defending on the
stroke of half time; reducing the margin to 16-10 at half time.
The Eels came out of the half time sheds looking stronger, and after five minutes of the second half Casey
McGuire strolled through untouched to score under the posts. Five minutes later, Joel Reddy burst through two
attempted tackles to score; and with a 26-10 advantage, the Eels were looking good.
With the Eels 16 points ahead at the hour mark, few could have forseen how quickly the game would be turned
on its head. But Willie Tonga gave the Cowboys some hope with a try in the corner, and a sensational conversion
from the sideline gave the home side a sniff and changed the momentum.
Five minutes later, Kalifa Fai-Fai Loa flew up to take a bomb and score in the corner. With ten minutes remaining,
Thurston made a break and charged over to score, and with his conversion the Cowboys had taken the lead.
By now, the Cowboys were monopolising possession and the Eels were unable to compete with the red-hot
Cowboys. Glenn Hall and Johnathan Thurston continued the onslaught with tries in the last five minutes,
completing a 30-point turnaround in the last quarter of the game.
North Queensland Cowboys 40 def Parramatta Eels 26
Cowboys : Tries – J Thurston 2, W Tonga 2, G Hall, A Winterstein, K Fai-Fai Loa. Goals – J
Thurston 6/7.
Eels : Tries – B Smith, J Reddy, J Hayne, C McGuire, J Loko. Goals – L Burt 3/5.
Referees – A Klein, L Phillips. Crowd – 13,610 at Dairy Farmers Stadium.

A place in the top eight was up for grabs when Newcastle hosted the New Zealand Warriors at Energy Australia
Stadium on Sunday afternoon. And it was the visitors who would find themselves in the top eight after a hard-
earned 25-16 win over the Knights.
Wes Naiqama got the Knights off to a flying start with a try after four minutes, but Manu Vatuvei got the game
back on level terms when he flew high to grab a bomb and score.
But on 23 minutes, the Knights were back in front. A break by Wes Naiqama was followed up with an offload to
Jarrod Mullen for a try in the corner. But Naiqama was unable to land the conversion. And five minutes later, the
Knights continued to attack but an attempted try was denied by the video referee, with Junior Sau ruled to
have knocked on.
On the half hour, Lance Hohaia made a break and crossed the line, James Maloney’s conversion giving the
Warriors the lead for the first time. But the Knights regained the initiative just before half time, with Shannon
McDonnell making a break and running 30 metres to score under the posts and give the Knights a 16-12
advantage at the break.
For half an hour, the ball travelled end to end but neither team was able to score. The Knights went close, with
Akuila Uate crossing the line but the video referee’s replays showed he was held up in goal. But the clock
continued to tick down, to 72 minutes, with the Knights still 16-12 ahead.
But with eight minutes to go, the Warriors finally found a way through, with James Maloney flying through a gap
to score in the corner, and a conversion from the sideline gave the Warriors the lead. Two minutes later, Lance
Hohaia brought up his double, and Maloney’s conversion ensured victory for the Warriors. A field goal in the final
minute gave the Warriors an extra point to their winning margin.
New Zealand Warriors 25 def Newcastle Knights 16
Warriors : Tries – L Hohaia 2, M Vatuvei, J Maloney. Goals – J Maloney 4/4. Field Goals – J
Maloney 1/1.
Knights : Tries – W Naiqama, J Mullen, S McDonnell. Goals – W Naiqama 2/3.
Referees – T Archer, B Suttor. Crowd – 18,158 at Energy Australia Stadium.

Cronulla’s 5-game losing streak came to an end under sunny skies at Shark Park on Sunday afternoon when the
Sharks shut the Sydney Roosters out to record a hard-fought 18-4 victory.
The Roosters had an early try disallowed, when Tom Symonds put the ball down but obstruction in back play
resulted in a penalty to the Sharks. And on 14 minutes, the Sharks opened the scoring with Paul Gallen making a
break to set up field position, and on the last tackle Ben Pomeroy crossed the line to score in the corner. And on
26 minutes they were in again, this time it was Gallen who went 30 metres, outrunning the Rooster defenders
to score. But both tries were scored on tight angles, and Shane Porter was unable to kick either conversion
attempt, the score remaining at 8-0.
The penalty count was running Cronulla’s way, and the Roosters were forced to defend. But, against the run of
play, on the stroke of half time, Kane Linnett got through a gap to score for the Roosters. But Braith Anasta’s
conversion attempt was a shocker, and the Sharks led 8-4 at the break.
The second half saw a string of errors on both sides, but after 10 minutes the Sharks were in again. Stuart Mills,
in his NRL debut, jumped high to take a bomb and planted it down in the corner to give the Sharks a 12-4
The Roosters were on the defensive, but began to create field position. With 13 minutes to go, Mitchell Pearce
made a break and crossed the line for the Roosters, but the video referee was unkind to the visiting side and the
try was again disallowed.
But with time running out, the Sharks became more confident. And with just a few minutes to go, Ben Pomeroy
brought up his double to make the game safe for the home side. Matthew Wright was given the kicking tee, and
for the first time all day a try was converted. The Sharks’ losing streak was over; but the Roosters were in
trouble, five losses in a row seeing their hopes for the season slipping away as they slipped into the bottom three.
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 18 def Sydney Roosters 4
Sharks : Tries – B Pomeroy 2, P Gallen, S Mills. Goals – M Wright 1/1, S Porter 0/3.
Roosters : Tries – K Linnett. Goals – B Anasta 0/1.
Referees – S Hayne, G Morris. Crowd – 14,459 at Toyota Stadium.

It wasn’t pretty, but it was effective, as Manly travelled to the Gold Coast and ground out a gritty 16-12 win over
a determined Gold Coast side at Robina on Monday night.
The Titans kicked off, and in the first set of the match the Sea Eagles were on the scoreboard. A flick-pass from
Jamie Lyon found David Williams who made a break and crossed over to score in the corner and give the Sea
Eagles a 4-0 lead.
The Sea Eagles were on a roll after such a dream start, and continued to press the Gold Coast line. They were
helped by some appalling Titan mistakes, as a string of turnovers and silly penalties gave the Sea Eagles a lopsided
possession count. And Michael Robertson made the Titans pay for their mistakes, ducking a missed tackle by
Joseph Tomane to bring up the easiest of tries.
The Titans fought back on the half hour mark, with an individual effort by Scott Prince getting the home side on
the scoreboard and finally giving the local crowd something to cheer about. An error-riddled final ten minutes of
the half resulted in no further scoring, and the Sea Eagles led 10-6 at half time.
The Sea Eagles did the majority of the attacking after half time, but it took 15 minutes for them to break
through and score again. The try came when Steve Matai carried the ball over the line only to lose it in a one-on-
one strip by Scott Prince before he could plant the ball. But Prince was unable to control the ball, and after it
spilled free Michael Robertson pounced on the loose ball to score; and after considerable deliberation by the video
referee the try was awarded.
Esikeli Tonga threw the Titans a lifeline with eight minutes left on the clock, taking a long-range pass from Prince
to score in the corner; and Prince’s conversion cut the deficit to just four points. But there would be no late
heroics to give the home side an upset win, as the Sea Eagles defended through the final stages to take the
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 16 def Gold Coast Titans 12
Sea Eagles : Tries – M Robertson 2, D Williams. Goals – D Cherry-Evans 2/3.
Titans : Tries – S Prince, E Tonga. Goals – S Prince 2/2.
Referees – G Badger, A Devcich. Crowd – 12,360 at Skilled Park.
NRL Round 1 2008
NRL Round 2 2008
NRL Round 3 2008
NRL Round 4 2008
NRL Round 5 2008
NRL Round 6 2008
NRL Round 7 2008
NRL Round 8 2008
NRL Round 9 2008
NRL Round 10 2008
NRL Round 11 2008
NRL Round 12 2008
NRL Round 13 2008
NRL Round 14 2008
NRL Round 15 2008
NRL Round 16 2008
NRL Round 17 2008
NRL Round 18 2008
NRL Round 19 2008
NRL Round 20 2008
NRL Round 21 2008

NRL Round 1 2009
NRL Round 2 2009
NRL Round 3 2009
NRL Round 4 2009
NRL Round 5 2009
NRL Round 6 2009
NRL Round 7 2009
NRL Round 8 2009
NRL Round 9 2009
NRL Round 10 2009
NRL Round 11 2009
NRL Round 12 2009
NRL Round 13 2009
NRL Round 14 2009
NRL Round 15 2009
NRL Round 16 2009
NRL Round 17 2009
NRL Round 18 2009
NRL Round 19 2009
NRL Round 20 2009
NRL Round 21 2009
NRL Round 22 2009

NRL Round 1 2010
NRL Round 2 2010
NRL Round 3 2010
NRL Round 4 2010
NRL Round 5 2010
NRL Round 6 2010
NRL Round 7 2010
NRL Round 8 2010
NRL Round 9 2010
NRL Round 10 2010
NRL Round 11 2010
NRL Round 12 2010
NRL Round 13 2010
NRL Round 14 2010
NRL Round 15 2010
NRL Round 16 2010
NRL Round 17 2010
NRL Round 18 2010

NRL Round 1 2011
NRL Round 2 2011
NRL Round 3 2011
NRL Round 4 2011
NRL Round 5 2011
NRL Round 6 2011
NRL Round 7 2011
NRL Round 8 2011
NRL Round 9 2011
NRL Round 10 2011
NRL Round 11 2011
NRL Round 12 2011
NRL Round 13 2011
NRL Round 14 2011
NRL Round 15 2011
NRL Round 16 2011
NRL Round 17 2011

Photo Gallery - Round 6 08,
Roosters v Newcastle

Photo Gallery - Rnd 12 08.
Roosters v Wests Tigers

Photo Gallery - Rnd 8 09
Parramatta v North Qld

Photo Gallery - Rnd 1 2010
Wests Tigers v Manly

Photo Gallery - Rnd 2 2010
Souths v Gold Coast

Photo Gallery - Rnd 2 2010
Roosters v Wests Tigers

Photo Gallery - Rnd 4 2010
Souths v Bulldogs

Photo Gallery - Rnd 6 2010
- Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

Photo Gallery - Rnd 6 2010
- Parramatta v Souths

Photo Gallery - Rnd 8 2010
- Wests Tig v Syd Roosters

Photo Gallery - Rnd 10
2010 - Bulldogs v St George

Photo Gallery - Origin I
2010 - NSW v Queensland

Photo Gallery - Rnd 13
2010 - Bulldogs v W Tigers

Photo Gallery - Rnd 13
2010 - Souths v Nth Qld

Photo Gallery - Origin III
2010 - NSW v Queensland

Photo Gallery - Rnd 19
2010 - Souths v St George

Photo Gallery - Rnd 20
2010 - Souths v Warriors

Photo Gallery - Rnd 23
2010 - Bulldogs v Raiders

Photo Gallery - Rnd 1 2011
- Roosters v Souths

Photo Gallery - Rnd 1 2011
- Bulldogs v Wests Tigers

Photo Gallery - Rnd 2 2011
- Souths v Bulldogs

Photo Gallery - Round 13
2011 - W Tigers v Newcstle

Photo Gallery - Round 15
2011 - Souths v Gold Coast

Photo Gallery - Round 18
2011 - P'matta v W Tigers

Photo Gallery - Round 24
2011 - Souths v Nth Qld

Photo Gallery - Qual Final
2011 - W Tigers v St George

2009 Grand Final Day pics
Under 20s
Pre-Match Entertainment
NRL Grand Final
Post-Match Presentations

2010 Grand Final Day pics
Under 20s
Pre-Match Entertainment