Sydney Football Stadium, Saturday 15th December 2007.
Photos by Michael Shillito
The Cove flags ready for
And the flags wave during
the pre-match roll call
The SCC's tribute to Mark
But a sparse crowd of
only 12,000 was there
The players walk on
The Cove's flags and
streamers make a
colourful sight
Thanks 4 the Memories
The players line up
The SCC with balloons
A last-minute pep talk
Kick off
Iain Fyfe takes a throw in
The Cove are in voice
Perth make an early
attacking move
But Sydney clear it out of
One city, one team, one
Bridges creates an
Brosque goes down in the
box, but there's no penalty
Popovic clears the ball
out of the danger zone
Mark Rudan is a big blue
Middleby is stretchered
Perth open the scoring
And the Glory fans
And the night gets worse
just a minute later when a
second goal goes in
The Glory players
By now, Glory are
dominating possession
Corica takes a corner
The Cove diehards
continue to sing
The Glory wall
The banners go up as the
players return for the
second half
Second half under way
The Cove try to lift the
team, but it's not working
The night turns to
disaster as the Glory net
their third goal
But despair turns to
celebration as Sydney FC
gets one back
Glory throw in
Confrontation in front of
Another promising attack
is snuffed out by an
offside call
Kosmina is unimpressed
Celeski steps up to the
penalty spot
Bolton guesses correctly,
but can't keep it out and
our fate is sealed
It's all too much for some
of the fair-weather
elements of our support,
who stream for the exits
A Foxe header snuffs out
another Sydney attacking
Brosque traps the ball on
his chest, but his shot
sprays wide
Bridges scores a
consolation goal in injury
But it's not enough to
prevent a 4-2 defeat
Tommy Tomich applauds
The Cove
Mark Rudan is
interviewed, while the
remaining Sydney players
slump to the ground
A final lap of honour from
Mark Rudan
Sydney FC 2 (S Corica 50, M Bridges 90)  Perth Glory 4 (B Celeski
34,35,77pen, L Bertos 49)
Yellow Cards : Sydney - M Milligan 64, M Bridges 90. Perth - D
Djulbic 61, J Downey 90.
Referee - M Hester. Crowd - 12,402 at Sydney Football Stadium.
Harboursport A-League Main Page